Monday, June 1, 2015

Dine Bazaad and Zone Conference‏

Ya'at'eeh!

This week was fantastic, as always!

Sunsets we always get!
Tuesday: Exhanges in Monument Valley! We were walking to a house, when we hear Gamali! Gamali! (It means Mormon or Missionary, translated literally it means God Mumbler). We walk over and there are these 2 guys in a shade hut, one was the drunkest I've ever seen! We had a really good conversation with them though, and a return appointment! One was on the placement program, both were homeless... Life can be pretty hard for the people here. We said a prayer with them and they both felt a lot better!

Wednesday: Zone Conference! It was on the atonement, absolutely fantastic! We also went over how the transistion to the new mission president, President Adams, is going to go! I got assigned as the driver so as to better learn Kayenta, we're driving a Nissan Frontier :) Then we had splits! I went out with a member and Troy, the most all star investigator ever! What type of investigator has a strong enough testimony to come teaching with the missionaries?! Troy does :) I've never met someone so ready to be baptized!

Thursday: Today was the last day of school here! That means that alllll of the middle schoolers entering high school had promotion parties today, so most of our appointments fell through. We got to visit and fellowship at one or two though! I finally got to taste some mutton, it's so good!

Friday: We got to see Coleman again today! He's committed to overcoming his addiction, and he's just about ready to be baptized! Other than that, we met and talked with a ton of people!

Saturday: What a day! We got to go visit Troy's home today, he lives way out in the deeper Rez, with a big sheep pen and everything around :) Most of our other appointments fell through today... We were visiting people, when we walked up to this trailer and a huge bear dog came and bit me! No puncture though, so we're good ;) Now I keep my dog killing rock with me, just in case. Also had an awesome lesson with the Mariano Family! They rock :)

Sunday: 10 investigators showed up to church! Elder Hakala and I got to speak in sacrament meeting in first ward today! I went up, and completely blanked on everything I was going to say! So I just talked about the blessings of temples. Temples are the end goal of conversion! The blessings we can get from them are more powerful and numerous than we can count! Elder Hakala's talk was brilliant; he was the closing speaker, so he had to speak for like 25 minutes! Then we got to visit Troy's old shuma, literally the sweetest old lady I've ever met, she only speaks Navajo but still comes to church every week! We're teaching her and her daughter (who's acting as a translator, I'm not that good yet ;)), who also wants to get baptized! She's about your age mom :) So that rocked! We have an opportunity to clear some trees off of her land later this week :)

Monday: Now it's Monday! Elder Hakala and I went for a run to the weight room this morning, the first time I've been able to go for a pain free run in over 2 years! I'm pumped for this week, teaching this gospel and serving these people is the best blessing I've ever had in my life :) He lives. The power of the Atonement can change everyone into so much more than they are! His restored gospel is on the earth again!

Hagonet!

P.S. Read Ted. R. Callister's talk on Identity and Destiny! It's incredible what our potential is!

HOME & TRANSPORTATION

Loving Life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment