Monday, November 2, 2015

Nananana nananana hey hey hey, gooodbyye (Last week in Kayenta :'/)‏

Ya'at'eeh everyone!

Not a whole lot of time left this week, so I'll get right down to the nitty gritty...

I'm shipping out to Durango CO today. It's hard to believe how much you can come to love a people and a place in 6 months... I'm going to miss Kayenta and the people here like crazy. They're incredible. 

Mail now goes to:

Elder Garrett Kraus
P.O. Box 4252
Durango, CO 81302

Ok, highlights of the week... 

1) Got the other side of the duplex all set up for the new elders coming in! It looks great! Ahhh!!! Kayenta is getting 2 additional elders!!! The work here is going to EXPLODE (in the best possible way :))

2) Went on an exchange to Dennehotso again with Elder Vallejo; taught a couple of lessons, and did a lot of finding people... you aint never seen Rez until you've been in Dennehotso and Chilchinbeto ;)

3) Got to help Sally Singer out quite a bit this week... She lives out in this little converted Octagon with an add-on, heated by wood, cement floor, the works...  she was really sick Thursday, so we took Brother Nielson with us out to give her a blessing. I've gotta say, giving blessings is one of my favorite things to do. It always gives me a sense, at least in part, of the incredible love Heavenly Father has for His children. And while immediate healing doesn't always come, I've never left a blessing where the recipient hasn't been uplifted and helped by the love of their Heavenly Father. We went to chop chizh for her the next day and she felt so much better! And chopping chizh (firewood) was also really great :) 

4) Fantastic District meeting! Holy cow! Can't believe it was my last one with the district; I'm going to miss all of these guys... As it was the District Meeting before Halloween, we all wore staches. Thank you Sister Udy :)

5) The rest of the week was just a blur.... Stake Conference was great, got to see quite a few people for the last time.... my lanta I'm going to miss this place...


Ok, I'm just about out of time, but feel free to email or mail in questions about anything and everything! Here's some pictures of the week!

-Kayenta sunrises are da bomb.
-District Stache shot
-Heading out to chop lots of chizh for Sister Singer
-Elder Udy got a wee bit of facial hair at the Halloween party XD






    

No comments:

Post a Comment