Monday, December 14, 2015

Letter To president

Oye everyone! Sorry, just about out of time. Here's the letter I sent to president! It's a pretty decent overview

Hello President!!

This week was pretty great; I'm pumped to be in Durango for another 6 weeks, and I'm happy Elder Vineyard will be so close--I've really grown to love him. This week really flew by. Got my knee and chest scanned early this week to make sure no cancer was coming back. As far as I know, everything's going well there. Physically, I'm starting to get my handstand prowess back; especially on the parallettes. I probably need to start doing more floor work, but that'll come with time... Socially, I feel like I've been doing pretty well... I'm really trying to emulate Christ more in all that I do and say, and it's been helping. Mentally, I get stressed occasionally--there's always so much to do, and there's never enough time; but life is awesome. I'm learning more than I ever have before--by study and also by faith. Spiritually; I'm feeling great--I feel like I'm following the spirit more, and I'm able to communicate that to others.  


Hmm... exciting happenings of the week--My sister got engaged!! She'll be getting married in April. I'm a little bummed, because it will be about 3 and a half years total that I haven't seen her (I left while she was still on her mission) and by the time I do, we'll both be so different, but I'm super duper happy for them! I love the guy she's marrying (I'm going to convince him to give me guitar lessons when I get home). Life couldn't be better President. I love these people and I love this work! Oh! Jill came to Sacrament Meeting this week and absolutely loved it! She felt the spirit so strong she started to cry! We'll be teaching her and her family the Plan of Salvation this Saturday and, unless the spirit blatantly tells us not to, we'll be challenging them to baptism! This work is God's work. I know it. I live it. I love it.

The Zone has been experiencing fantastic success with the Christmas Initiative as well. Less Actives have been returning to activity; people have been asking to be baptized (really, just ask the Cortez Sisters), and many other miracles are happening. 

To close, here's a quote my dad sent this week that I really loved: "Learn how to be uncomfortable, the faster you wish to change the more discomfort you’ll feel."

How cool is that?

Have an incredible week!

Elder Kraus

And here's some pictures from today--we sang and rang the bell for the Salvation Army this morning. Twas Grand. Our apartment is right behind us.

No comments:

Post a Comment