Monday, June 22, 2015

Last week with Hakala!‏


It was an interesting one here... There are times when I miss family and other loved peoples so much it hurts, and this week had quite a few days of that. But I'm growing to love the Dine like they're my own! It's weird seeing bilagaanas (white people) around here actually... The work has been fantastic! There's nothing that can turn people's lives around faster than the gospel of Jesus Christ! Case study: My first week here, Elder Hakala and I walk up to an old trailer, with this lady smoking outside, looking, to be honest, like her life was dark and down. Her name is Christina, we've been teaching her since then, and now there's a light in her eyes every time we're able to teach her! Last lesson we had with her, she tells us that she knows that she needs to be baptized! This gospel brings so much joy... everything we do, every commandment we've been given, every principle and ordinance of the gospel that we have the privilege of inviting people to live, they're all designed by a loving Heavenly Father to bring us joy, to strengthen the bonds of family, and to ensure that we'll have our families forever! He's given us the opportunity here to take the steps to becoming more like him! How fantastic is that?! So to sum it up, this week was a bit like 2 Nephi 4; It's hard, but I know why I'm here! I know how much the gospel and the atonement of Jesus Christ can change people's lives! I'm coming to know, more and more, the love that He has for every one of His children. I'm beginning to see them, at least in part, as He does--not just for who they are, but for whom they can become! Oh! We got transfer news Saturday, I'll be staying in Kayenta for the next 7 weeks (woot woot! :)), being step-trained by an Elder Moe-shawn (sp?) who's been out here for about 7 months or something... Should be good! There's so much work to be done here, and I'm excited to be taking a larger role in that, now that I'll be the elder who's been in Kayenta longer (it's a little nerve-wracking tbh, seeing as how I get lost all the time, but should be good!)
Oh! Went to the sand dunes last P-day, somehow someone dropped my camera into the sand annnd now it's just about dead. So until we resuscitate it, pictures won't be coming for a while...
Hagonet! 
Elder Kraus

No comments:

Post a Comment