Monday, December 28, 2015

Christmas and Other Happenings‏

G'morning loved ones!!

This week was da bomb.com.... There was so. much. snow. and blessings. and joy. 

Really was one of the greatest weeks ever. 

Ok, so time is pretty short, so here are some of the awesome happenings of the week:

-Climbed a mountain. Through waist deep snow. In a suit. Found a cabin; no one was home. Still a fantastic experience. I love winter! 

-Got locked out of Durango on the way back from Farmington. Apparrreently snow+ice+cold+roads=not a great thing... so, we found some county roads and drove through da deep snows and made it back safely.

-Sooo many opportunities for service. Which led to opportunities to lessons. Also led to a Jewish man (he looks a LOT like Stan Lee) we're teaching making us Ham sandwiches... And then he and his wife came to church!! :D

-Christmas!!!! Opened the family's package. I'm now fat. (Thanks a lot family). Also had the greatest gift ever of getting to talk with them :) You never realize how much you love your family until you only get to talk to them twice a year... It was so good though :)

-Remember Elizabeth? The girl we're teaching from NAU? We asked her to pray to see when Heavenly Father wants her to be baptized annnnd she got the 16 of January. Which is the same date that we had gotten. The amount of faith that she has is just incredible. She knows that what we're teaching is true, that the Gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored. 

This life is so great. Here's an excerpt from the letter to the mission president:

Hello President!

This week was full of miracles; learned how my sister got engaged (the guy is AWESOME), didn't die in the snow, committed Elizabeth to baptism on the 16th, talked to my fambam (everyone is doing SO WELL; I have such a strong testimony that a mission blesses your family), had 5 investigators come to church, andnnd yeah! I'm excited for the New Year! I see where I am. I see who I want to be. I know I can get there through the enabling power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. He's shown us the way. God speaks to His children, and we have the blessing and the opportunity of bringing His message, that the way back to Him, the way to a fulness of joy in this life, the way to be with our families FOREVER, to his children! There is a prophet of God on the Earth.
How incredible is that? I love this gospel. I love being a missionary. I love being in this mission. I know that mission calls are divinely inspired. Thank you for all that you and Sister Adams do. I'll see you tomorrow!

In this coming year, make a commitment to keep the spirit of Christmas, the spirit of Christ, in your life. Do better. Be better. He's with you.

I love you all!!!

Nizhoni na'ash


Elder Kraus

No comments:

Post a Comment