Monday, January 4, 2016

Meetings, New Years, Resolutions, Teaching, Serving, Loving, etc. etc.

Hello!!! First things first, Happy New Years!! Hope yours was incredible.

This week, as with all others, was CRAZY good.

Tuesday: MLC for most of the day at President's home. We got the opportunity to find out what the Lord wants the culture of the mission to be for the next couple of years. We settled on: In the New Mexico Farmington Mission we represent Jesus Christ as we find, teach repentance, and baptize converts. It's simple, it provides a clear directive, and it enables missionaries, members, and nonmembers alike to grow and progress and become more like Christ in the process of coming unto Him. I love it. 

Wednesday: Christmas Devotional with the Utah Zone and President and Sister Adams. (twas postponed due to much snows and slippery-ness). It was so good!! We got to evaluate how the Christmas Initiative went (swimmingly), and what direction we all wanted to go with the new year! Elder Anderson and I got the chance to perform the first Noel (he on the guitar, me on the vocal chords) and take a bit of time to relax with the other missionaries. 

Thursday: Zone Training!!! Wo0o0o0o!! Focused on the dissemination of the information presented at the last couple of MLCs... I got the opportunity to give a training on the Doctrine of Christ. Throughout my mission, I feel like this has been one of the things I've gained a deeper understanding of... It's SO central to everything that we do. Want to understand the doctrine of Christ better? Read the Book of Mormon, and do everything you can to LIVE it. There will come into your life an added measure of the spirit, joy, peace, charity... Essentially every Christlike attribute. Enclosed is a picture of some of my outline... putting things down on paper isn't really a big strength of mine, so take it with a grain of salt XD

Ok. So the rest of the week was simply awesome. Got the chance to teach Mike and then Elizabeth--2 of the most ready people I've met. (Both are on date for the 16 of January!!! Ahh!!). My resolution this year is to become more like Christ. I know that's something we say a lot, but He is our ultimate exemplar. He's shown us the way back to God, and He's shown us who we need to be. In His own words: "Therefore, what manner of men ought ye to be? Verily I say unto you, even as I am."

I love this gospel. I love the chance that I have to share what I love with God's children. I love the power, and the peace that it can bring into people's lives. As you make The Book of Mormon a point of study this year, look for the Doctrine of Christ. He's shown us the way to live, to love, and to serve. Follow Him.

Love you all!!!


Elder Kraus

No comments:

Post a Comment