Monday, April 11, 2016

Mission Tour!!‏

Hello loved ones!!!

Once again, I must apologize for the length of the email. Time has a tendency to fly away....

Anywho.

This week was amazing. Spiritual feast? Most definitely. 

One of the highlights of the week was Thursday: Elder Corbridge (of the 70) came and spoke to the mission. One of the large things that I took away from it was the difference between above the line and below the line thinking. Above the line thinking creates accountability. You recognize a problem, accept responsibility for it, council with the lord (there's the tie-in to the general conference talk by Elder Ballard; ahhhmazing!) about what to do, and then you act. Annnd repeat. This is the way progress is made. This is the way people progress. This is the way family ties are strengthened and we come closer to Heavenly Father. At the opposite end of the spectrum is under the line thinking. This shifts all accountability to someone else. If I fail, it's a result of the circumstances which I was in. I'll do whatever the Lord wants, but if I don't get clear direction, it's His fault if I fail. May we all strive to be more above the line in the way we approach our challenges, and our relationships :)

In other news, we finally got in with the McKnight family!! We got the opportunity to share the message of the restoration and the Book of Mormon with them. Twas great :)

Annnnnd (drum roll please) Fransisco is getting baptized this Saturday!!! He's the investigator that only speaks spanish. The only slightly stressful thing is that my companion and I have been asked to say the prayers at the Spanish Baptismal service. If you didn't know, I don't really speak all that much Spanish. This will be great though; gift of tongues, here we come!!!

Anywho, have an excellent week everyone! I know God lives and that this is His Church. Follow Him, and discover new life!!!

Love you all!!


Elder Kraus

No comments:

Post a Comment