Monday, April 4, 2016

Zone and General Conference‏

Hello hello hello!!!

This week was a wee bit slower than is typical, due to some unforseen circumstances. Nevertheless, we had the opportunity to have an incredible Zone Conference and General Conference!!! So, here are some of my thoughts on those:

First, in Zone Conference, there was an INCREDIBLE training on Selfishness. There was incredible quote presented there that I'd like to share with you all:

"I have come to the frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element. It is my personal approach that creates the climate, it is my daily mood that makes the weather. i possess the tremendous power to make life miserable or joyous. I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration. I can Humiliate or Humor, Hurt or Heal. In all situations it is my response that decides whether a crisis is escalated or de-escalated and a person is humanized or de-humanized. If we treat people as they ought to be, we help them become what they are capable of becoming." ~John Wolfgang Van Goethe

This statement is true. God has given us agency, the ability to choose. Decisions determine destiny. I know that this life wasn't meant to be easy, but the hard times we encounter have the potential to shape us into who Heavenly Father would have us become, even as He is. I know that through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, we can change. We can become better. We can choose to follow Him more fully, in thought, word, and deed. I love this Gospel. My prayer is that we can choose to rise above selfishness, that we can rise above the natural man. In the words of Thomas S. Monson, the prophet of God on the earth today, "may we ever choose the harder right, instead of the easier wrong."

Have a phenomenal week.


Elder Kraus

No comments:

Post a Comment