Monday, May 16, 2016

Hello All! :)‏

Hi family! This week was pretty great! Here's an excerpt from my letter to the President:

Hello President Adams!!

This week was a pretty great one. We've really been working with the members here a lot, and it's beginning to come to fruition. We had the blessing of 4 new investigators this week, and 2 of those 4 new investigators came from member referrals! So that was wonderful to see :) We also had the opportunity to take Elder Vineyard on an exchange this week--he's doing so very well! His teaching skills have grown so much since the time we were together, and he leads with purpose, direction, and charity in his district. Physically, I've been feeling pretty good... Elder Gray and I have been trying to run a little more in the mornings; hoping that will help my body composition improve in the future. Spiritually, I feel like I'm doing pretty ok... Personal prayers offered this past week weren't the greatest; I have goals to improve that in this coming week. Emotionally, I'm missing home a bit right now, with family friends getting married, birthdays, new jobs, etc. etc.... It's a little bit difficult not being able to be there and be a part of that, and sometimes it feels like they're all progressing in life while I'll come home outdated and a little stagnant, but I know this is what I need to be doing at this time in my life. It's not about me, it's about those whom I have been called to serve, and I have been called to serve and bless and uplift and help everyone I come into contact with, the way the Savior would if he were here. So this week, I'm going to do my best to completely shift my focus to what I can do to help those around me. Hoping an improvement in outlook and attitude will come as a result :)

Elder Gray and I had a great Zone Training planning session, and we're super excited for it this week! And Stake Vitality looks like it should be good as well; we're hoping to discuss implementation of Phase 2 in the wards with President Johnson, to see what the missionaries in the Stake can do to best help it really get started.

Anywho, have an excellent week! Let us know if there's anything we can do for you :)



So yeah! That kind of sums up this week.... In terms of crazy cool happenings, we've been riding the bikes a lot more, and meeting tons of people! We even got to slackline with a kid named Nash and talk about the Gospel with him! We'll see where that goes in the coming weeks :) I've been loving how teaching is going with Elder Gray, and we've had quite a few opportunities to give blessings in this last week... It's been really cool to feel Heavenly Father talk through me... There's definitely been a difference since I first came out on the mission, I feel much more in tune, if that makes sense.... 

So yeah! This week was rockin :)

Oh! And a Less Active gave me some cowboy boots. They. Are. Wonderful. Best service boots I've ever owned. And they fit just about perfect (with a couple of insoles on the inside XD).

Annd adventures of P-Day. We stopped in to the local Crossfit Gym to visit a member. Got the chance to play with the rings and kettlebell for a bit. Not where I want to be yet, buuttt I didn't do too bad :)

Have a fantastic week everyone! :) Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment