Monday, July 25, 2016

Week 1 in Farmington: A LOT of heat. And miracles and stuff (like growing an entire inch!!!).

Hello everyone! 

Week 1 in the land of enchantment was... well, enchanting I guess. My companion, Elder Tollefson, is one of the spiritual GIANTS of the mission, and it's been go! go! go! from sunup to sundown since I arrived Tuesday. It's wonderful.

It's a little bit different serving in Farmington than anywhere else I've been in the mission so far. It's the biggest Zone in the mission (22 missionaries), and everyone serves within the city of Farmington. It's a wee bit more compact than Durango was. What that means is every morning at 6am, the Elders of the Zone can get together for Rugby or Basketball (or helping an elder learn how to do knee-rehab and get some great strength work in without using your leg aggressively... never thought my bum knee would have led to an opportunity to help someone, but I'm glad it did). It's fantastic. Another perk of having a compact city that's not super upper-middle class and above is the amount of work we can get done every day. Look forward to miracles happening in Farmington!

Anywho, time is short this week, so here's an excerpt from the letter to the president:

Hello President!!! 

I'm loving being in Farmington!! :D Seriously; it's been wonderful. Missing Durango quite a bit, but it's been great here. Elder Tollefson is really teaching me quite a bit. 

Physically, I'm feeling great! Apparently, I've reached 5'8". Life goal achieved if that's actually the case. Working on developing more strength and control, and there's great infrastructure to do that at the field we work out at :)
Emotionally, missing Durango, but coming to love Farmington and the Zone more and more as time goes on.
Spiritually, I feel like I'm growing quite a bit. Change is necessary for growth, and I'm grateful for the opportunity I've been given to change.
Socially, I'm loving the Zone and my companion. I feel like there's so much I can learn from them, and I look forward to the time that I've been given here.

Miracle of the week: We were given the opportunity to teach a couple with a young child named Bree and Derrick. We felt directed to use the new pamphlet talking about families and temples as we began a discussion of what matters most to them. They were extremely open and responsive, and the Spirit was nearly tangible. Now we have another appointment scheduled with them for this Friday to teach the restoration, and I couldn't be more excited.

So that's been the week so far! This next one looks like it'll be crazy good (emphasis on the crazy).

I love you all. I know God lives, and that this is His work. Take some time to study Preach My Gospel this week. It will inspire you as to how you can become more of the person and the missionary that God intends you to be! 

Praying that this week is a wonderful one for you.


Elder Kraus

No comments:

Post a Comment